Saturday, August 31, 2013

They let me have disneyland all to myself... Sort of

There is an expression that says a kid inside a candy store. Well, that was how I felt after the special treat they had for us after winning in Japan. Aside from the shopping we did in Japan, and the TV I got, one of the things I remember the most is when they let us have a ride-all-you can at the Fiesta Carnival in Cubao. It so happens that my partner's manager is part of the Araneta Clan and had the connections to keep the carnival open just for us. It was weird going there at about 11 pm when all the other establishments were closed. We were the only patrons inside the carnival, with our parents of course and the usual entourage. 

To the uninitiated, Fiesta Carnival is probably the first Theme park in the Philippines. During the 80's it was the big thing. Sort of like a mini disneyland but indoors. Imagine having disneyland all for yourself :)  What I remember the most is the Go-Kart ride. It was such a treat!




No comments:

Post a Comment