Wednesday, December 27, 2017

How can I tell if it's old or new?

Upon arrival at the embassy we were welcomed by the Staff and the one in charge of the Cultural Affairs. We had a briefing there about our stay and to which houses we'll be assigned to. Some choir members had their foster parents pick them up already, I was assigned to stay with the ambassador so we had to wait awhile

Being the curious kid we were, we decided to go out and see what Vienna has to offer. At that time walking in the streets of Vienna felt like walking in a theme park. It seemed to me that all the building were in the same style and color. I have never seen anything like it in my life, Manila being an eclectic mix of modern and old, rich and poor, all in the same area. 



When we went back to the embassy, I asked a staffer about the things I saw. He told me, "Not everything is old. See that building there? It's new but they have to conform to a certain style and color that fits with this area. If you want to see new buildings there is a place where those are being built" 










No comments:

Post a Comment